Yin Yoga Foundations: Shoelace & Dragonfly Archetypes Module
Friday, Dec 13, 2019 – Sunday, Dec 15, 2019
9:00am – 6:00pm
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC! This is one of most popular training courses.
YIN YOGA FOUNDATIONS:
An Introduction to Leading a Practice of Surrender with Senior Paul Grilley Teacher, Joe Barnett – Shoelace & Dragonfly Archetypes Module
- Introduction to Functional Approach and the Yin Yoga Sutras of Paul Grilley
- 7 Archetypal Yin Yoga Postures and their Target Areas
- 7 Phases of each Yin Posture: Exploration and Introspection
- Interactive, hands-on study of anatomy: Finding skeletal landmarks and testing range of motion (ROM).
- Understanding and discriminating sensation: Tension vs Compression, Muscle vs Fascia, Physical vs Subtle Energy.
- Dialogue of a teacher: How to listen, how to lead.
- A deep investigation of the varieties within the Shoelace & Dragonfly Archetypal Postures.
- 3 Foundation Sequences and discussion of their Energy Curves
Yin Yoga is a simple practice of quiet and surrender…
…a practice of settling into a posture for 3-7 minutes, relaxing the body’s resistance, allowing the deeper, drier tissues, the fascia that wraps muscles and forms joint capsules, to be safely and therapeutically stretched, hydrated and strengthened.
Yin Yoga is a functional practice.
Guiding students toward simplicity and surrender can be challenging. It requires an appreciation and general understanding of the infinite complexity of human variation. Physically, mentally and emotionally, every Yogi is unique and requires a unique approach.
The Yin Yoga Modules prepare the teacher to guide others on a 3-fold path:
- Through a series of simple schematics and charts we will explore and communicate with the body and guide it into a shape, a posture that follows its unique landscape of twists, turns, tensions, and compression. We will learn how and where to “listen” (i.e. observe) and how best to respond to the evolving needs of the body and mind.
- Be still and surrender. We will discuss and practice some of the meditative techniques and qualities within the Yin model.
- Rebound. Passively and steadily observe the flow of energy (i.e. chi, prana, “life force”) released on the exit of a Yin pose.
The Yin teacher’s two voices: group leader and one-on-one consultant.
Through a hands-on, interactive study of anatomy and movement, the Yin teacher appreciates the endless variety of humankind. Through personal explorations of the Yin Yoga Postures as well as dialogue techniques with fellow students, she gains a set of practical tools to successfully lead a class, or an individual through a one-on-one.
Shoelace & Dragonfly Archetypes.
While half of each of the 4 Yin Roots courses cover the same set of fundamentals at the core of the Yin Yoga Model as developed by Yin Yoga founder Paul Grilley, the other half will take a deeper look into 2 of the 7 Archetypes and their myriad of variations. This one digs into the Shoelace (outer hip) and Dragonfly (inner hip) Archetypes.
This training is INCLUDED with our 290 Hour Hatha Yoga Teacher Training, The Yoga of MIndfulness**
- Dates: Friday – Sunday, December 13 – December 15, 2019
- Times: 9am – 6pm Daily
- Cost: $375 Early/$450 Late Early Discount Deadline is 90 days prior to training (September 13, 2019)
Event LocationYoga University
185 South Westmonte Drive, Suite 1202
Altmonte Springs, FL, 32714